Boys Who Rape [Video]



Official video for The Raveonettes' song "Boys Who Rape." This is the second video from their latest release In and Out of Control. Created by Sune Rose Wagner.

Sune comments on the making of the video:
''I penned this song in the later stages of recording In And Out Of Control. At the time I wanted to add an up-tempo song to the album but had no idea what I was getting myself into. The words started pouring and suddenly I realized I was writing about something very important and close to me. An anger stored in me for as long as I can remember. An anger triggered in me by personally witnessing the effect of rape on various individuals and the cowardice of the perpetrators. The immense hatred for someone savagely robbing another girls innocence. The disgust for someone brutally forcing a girl to succumb to horrendous acts of violence and sexual humiliation, scarring her for life.

The video was done in the same fashion as the songwriting. Quick and spontaneous. Anger and frustration was cast upon the images and thrown together in a disorderly fashion mimicking the violent behavior of rapists. The song is also a celebration of life and the fact that life does move on even after tragic events such as these. I chose to incorporate several "happy" moments, such as the best guitar solo ever, into the video to leave a sense of hope amidst all this tremendous despair.

Be warned, some images are quite strong but I felt it necessary to portray the evilness in this barbaric act''.

Σχόλια

Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις